This delicious smoothie with apple, lemon and grapefruit can be extremely useful for weight loss. It is a simple addition to the diet that contributes to the feeling of satiety and combats water retention.
This natural drink burns excess fat that tends to accumulate in areas such as the abdomen. If you drink it regularly at breakfast or after the main meal of the day, in just two weeks you will start to notice the results.
Remember that it is essential to maintain a balanced and varied diet, avoid sedentary lifestyle and exercise whenever you can.
Apple, lemon and grapefruit: a beneficial combination for the figure
We all know that there is no miracle diet to lose weight – only the right diet can give you the desired results. Healthy weight loss is possible as long as you are very careful about what you eat.
Therefore, why not include some delicious fruits in your diet, such as apples, lemons and grapefruit? We explain below why these are great options for people who want to lose extra pounds.
Green apples, the ideal fruits for weight loss
There are many varieties of apples, but for this smoothie we will use a green – organic one if possible. It is advisable to keep the peel, so it is necessary to buy a natural product without traces of pesticides.
- Green apples speed up metabolism.
- Apple peel contains pectin that controls body fat levels. This is a very useful substance in the fight against obesity, because it destroys the oldest fat nodules.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Green apples have a high content of vitamins and minerals, beneficial for the health of the cardiovascular system.
- It is a saturated fruit, rich in fiber. Eating apples also fights water retention and constipation.
Lemon, excellent for balancing pH
We have talked several times about the importance of reducing the acidity of the diet and eliminating toxins that cause inflammation and disease – all of which are necessary to optimize the functions of several organs.
Consumption of a glass of lemon juice a day can facilitate the elimination of fats, which become less resistant to their conversion into energy and burning.
Lemon juice helps lower bad cholesterol and improves circulation. In addition, it facilitates the digestion and absorption of nutrients, preventing toxins from entering the bloodstream through the intestines.
Lemon citric acid is also beneficial for the liver, and antioxidants and vitamin C strengthen the immune system. In this way, in addition to losing weight, you also have a healthy liver and a strong immune system, strong allies against fat accumulation.
Grapefruit reduces water retention and inflammation
It is good to remember that this smoothie with apple, lemon and grapefruit is not the most important change in your diet for weight loss. This drink is just a supplement that helps you start your day properly or successfully end your main meal of the day.
- These ingredients do not contain protein or iron, so it is important to make sure you get all the nutrients you need from other foods you eat throughout the day.
- Grapefruit is a powerful diuretic that helps eliminate waste from the body that otherwise causes inflammation and water retention.
- Grapefruit complements apple and lemon, so be sure to buy only organic grapefruit – it contains antioxidants and vitamins of the highest quality.
Smoothie recipe with apple, lemon and grapefruit for weight loss
- 1 green apple
- The juice of a lemon
- Grapefruit juice
- 1 cup water (200 ml)
Method of preparation:
- This smoothie is ready in just five minutes. First, you need to wash the green apple well and cut it into pieces.
- Add the apple pieces, lemon juice and grapefruit juice in the blender, along with the water. Process until you get a consistency as fine as possible.
- You can add a tablespoon of honey or some stevia if the juice seems too sour and you want to sweeten it.
Drink this smoothie with apple, lemon and grapefruit for weight loss every morning at breakfast and don’t forget to maintain a balanced diet rich in protein and low in saturated fat.