One of the best foods for the intestinal flora is yogurt. The fine, fresh and delicious texture provides the body with vitamins, minerals and many other nutrients. But why buy one from the store when you can make a simple and tasty homemade natural yogurt yourself ?
What you do with your hand is well done. So says a wise word from the people. Do you want a homemade yogurt, cheap and easy to prepare? Do it yourself!
Yogurt is simply fermented milk. In other words, this product contains millions of bacteria that turn into lactic acid.
If you make it at home, you can control the ingredients in yogurt, especially sugar and preservatives. The idea is to get a healthy and tasty food that does not contain harmful additives. The commercial assortments are full of artificial colors and flavors that attract our attention, but that does not mean that they are healthy.
It is very pleasant to mix creamy yogurt with fruit and see for yourself how to combine colors and textures. But don’t worry! If you are not a master chef, we have prepared a very simple recipe, available to anyone.
To prepare a homemade natural yogurt, all you have to do is follow three simple steps: put the ingredients in a bowl, mix them and wait. Basically, you could say that this product is prepared by itself!
- 2 liters of whole milk
- ½ cup of natural yogurt without sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar if you want a sweet dish (10 g)
Method of preparation
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat it. Do not let it boil, as this will change the taste of the yogurt. Keep it at 90 ° C for 10 minutes to pasteurize it.
- Just before it boils, take it off the heat and let it cool. Use a thermometer to check that it has a temperature of about 40 ° C. If you don’t have a thermometer, soak your little finger in the milk. If you can count to 20 seconds without burning, it’s perfect!
- Add sugar and mix.
- Add the yogurt and beat the mixture until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Put it in a mold and cover it with aluminum foil, then wrap everything in a kitchen towel.
- Leave the form covered for 4 hours for the milk to ferment.
- Set the towel aside and strain the liquid, then beat the mixture with a spoon.
- Then pour it into a container with a lid and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- When you wake up, the yogurt will be ready!
- Milk and yogurt must be fresh.
- When you add yogurt, the milk should not be cold, because the bacteria need heat, but not too hot, because the high temperatures kill them.
- Do not interrupt the fermentation process in any way after you have covered the vessel.
The benefits of a homemade natural yogurt
- A natural homemade yogurt contains nutrients such as potassium, vitamin A, phosphorus and calcium.
- In addition, this product is rich in protein and probiotics.
- At the same time, a natural homemade yogurt does not contain additives, preservatives or artificial flavors.
- Being an excellent source of calcium, this food prevents osteoporosis.
- Improves digestion and speeds up metabolism.
- In addition, natural yogurt strengthens the immune system.
- Cleanses the intestinal flora and improves the absorption of nutrients.
- Prevents anemia.
- It lowers the level of bad cholesterol in the blood, reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems.
- As all the contents go through a fermentation process, yogurt can also be consumed by lactose intolerant people.
- This food fights gastritis and constipation.
- Prevents diarrhea, intestinal gas and abdominal cramps.
- Homemade natural yogurt is beneficial for the skin, eliminating toxins and can be used as a facial mask: it nourishes, repairs and disinfects the skin.
- Probiotics maintain a balance in the lymphocytes and intestines. In addition, they regulate the production of cytokines, which control cellular functions. This is useful when it comes to allergies, especially in the summer.
- Natural yogurt helps to lose weight.
- Vaginal infections? Due to the lactobacilli produced by the fermentation of yogurt, this food prevents the multiplication of bacteria in case of a fungal infection.
- Yogurt is the ideal food after physical training, because it contains large amounts of protein and carbohydrates that help repair muscles and release accumulated energy.
- Smile! Lactic acid keeps your gums healthy. Since this is a natural homemade yogurt, you don’t have to worry about cavities.
Need more reasons to make your own homemade natural yogurt? Try this simple recipe today!