All people lose between 70 and 100 hairs a day. This is perfectly normal, but when you lose more than 100 strands, you may suffer from alopecia. In this case, read on to find out how to combat alopecia with natural remedies.
People who suffer from alopecia experience a massive hair loss on their head, but they can also lose hair from other areas of the body:
- Genital area
In today’s article, we present more information about alopecia, causes, symptoms and methods of prevention, as well as the best natural remedies for its treatment.
Causes of alopecia
Here are some of the main causes of alopecia:
- Genetic factors
- An inadequate diet
- Endocrine diseases such as hypothyroidism
- Infectious diseases
- Drug interactions (especially certain drugs used in chemotherapy, antithyroid drugs, anticoagulants and drugs used to treat hypervitaminosis A and hypercholesterolemia)
- Iron deficiency and anemia
Symptoms of alopecia
In general, men bald in front and on the top of the head. In the case of women, hair loss is different. Certain less common forms of alopecia can cause itching and pain in the scalp.
- If in the morning when you wake up you see a lot of hair on the pillow, you may experience an abnormal hair loss.
- If you lose a lot of hair when you wash your head, you may suffer from alopecia. At the same time, you can notice the same massive fall when combing.
- Excess sebum or dandruff can be one of the factors that lead to hair loss.
Methods of prevention
The most useful method is to obtain an early diagnosis and immediately apply a treatment for alopecia.
- Healthy habits (avoiding smoking, a balanced diet and avoiding excessive sun exposure) also contribute to maintaining healthy hair.
- Drink plenty of water. Like all other parts of the body, hair needs hydration to be strong, healthy and shiny. Therefore, if you want to know how to fight alopecia, find out that one of the best “tricks” is to drink about two liters (8 glasses) a day.
How alopecia affects your daily life
Alopecia can become a major personal and aesthetic problem. This is certainly one of the most common cosmetic problems in the world.
Calvity can create a complex that lowers your self-esteem and can also be a reason for ridicule at work or in your personal life.
How to combat alopecia with natural remedies
Carrot juice and coconut milk
Carrots contain vitamins B6 and B12 and antioxidants that strengthen hair and keep it healthy. In turn, coconut milk is rich in vitamins, trace elements, amino acids and minerals.
All of the above nutrients keep your hair healthy and resilient.
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- Put both ingredients in the blender and process them for 3-4 minutes, until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Without straining the product, apply it on the hair, leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
How to fight alopecia caused by excess sebum? Apple cider vinegar is one of the best solutions. It also helps to stimulate circulation in the scalp.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
- Apply apple cider vinegar through the hair and gently massage the scalp.
- After 45 minutes, wash your head with warm water.
Recommendations for preventing hair loss
Here are some tips and tricks for preventing and combating alopecia:
- Fights stress. Activities such as yoga, laughter therapy, tai chi and exercise stimulate endorphin production and reduce stress.
- Treat depression, anxiety or anemia if you suffer from these conditions.
- Adopt a balanced diet, rich in iron, antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins A, B, C and E. These nutrients strengthen hair and revitalize follicles.
- Use soft hair brushes and avoid hairstyles that keep your hair very tight, as well as hair elastics.
- Avoid smoking: This habit quickly weakens the follicles.