Nail decorating is a popular and fun activity. Each person has a different style when it comes to nail coloring and modeling. Basically, it all started with the idea of painting each nail with a different color. Nowadays, some people have come to work wonders with a little nail polish. There are various techniques with which you can get incredible results. Read on to find out how to decorate your nails at home in the simplest way.
Many women paint their nails a safe color. There is nothing wrong with that, but there are many ways to get an original manicure without effort and expense.
Necessary tools to make models on nails
We often think that a beautiful manicure can only be obtained at the beauty salon. In reality, you can create extraordinary models at home. In addition to creativity, you need the following objects:
You can use special pencils to decorate your nails. If not, you can opt for normal pens or pencils or any other thin circular object. You can create your own “device” if you insert a bold in the eraser of a pencil. In this way, you can decorate your nails with dots of various colors.
2. Liquid latex
Liquid latex is in vogue in the world of nail decoration. This product gives you the freedom to try various lakes without making a “mess”.
Liquid latex is used to clean the edges of the cuticles and the tips of the nails, without the need to use acetone. It is mainly used for models with sponges or stamps.
3. Colored strips
The famous colored strips are ideal for creating a geometric pattern. You can use them to draw defined lines or to create the famous French manicure. And you don’t even have to peel them off if you don’t want to.
Another option would be to use duct tape or masking tape. Any of these objects help you mark the area you want to paint and create incredible geometric patterns.
4. Thin brush
This tool is ideal for creating freestyle models. Thin nail brushes are commercially available, but you can “make” one of a nail polish brush or any other type of brush. All you have to do is cut a few hairs to thin it.
5. Nail stamps
You can’t decorate your nails at home in a simple and creative way without using stamps. It is true that you need a little practice to use them correctly. But once you become more skilled, you will save a lot of money and time that you would have lost at the salon.
How to decorate your nails at home: useful tricks
Did you get all the “tools” listed above? Then read on to learn how to decorate your nails at home with their help:
- If you like to put rhinestones on your nails, you can easily apply them with a pencil. Use a transparent nail polish or a special glue.
- To create patterns with lines, use a brush. Soak the tip in the nail polish and draw the line on the nail. You will easily create impeccable stripes.
- If you are a fan of the watercolor effect, you can recreate it on your nails with a straw. Soak it in the nail polish and blow into it over the nails so that the paint falls off naturally. You will get a special artistic design.
- To create the famous shadow effect, you only need a sponge. Apply the chosen nail polish, then press with the sponge gradually. You can repeat the step if necessary.
- To create a lace pattern, you need a piece of lace and a white nail polish. Put the lace over the nail and apply the nail polish on top. You can use a brush or a sponge. The model is very fine and does not require much effort.
- Keep your hands in cold water or under running tap for a few minutes. This way, the nail polish will dry more easily.
Now that you have learned how to decorate your nails at home, do not hesitate to create your own beautiful models. Try!