Many people want well-defined, toned and cellulite-free thighs. From the article below you can learn how to perform exercises that thin and tone your thighs.
Unfortunately, a lot of fat accumulates in this part of the body, which makes it difficult to tone the area.
In order to have beautiful legs, without atrophied muscles or loose skin, it is important to practice exercises that tone the thighs, eliminate fat and thin them and increase muscle mass.
The results appear over time and require consistent effort.
One of the most common excuses for not exercising is that we do not have the time or money to go to the gym. Today we will show you a series of thigh exercises that you can practice at home. Do you accept this challenge?
Knee flexion – one of the best exercises to thin and tone the thighs
Kneeling is a very effective exercise for the legs and buttocks, as it helps burn fat, provides firmness and fights cellulite.
- Stand upright with your legs apart at shoulder level, with your torso straight and your hands in front or at the nape of your neck.
- Bend your knees and lower your buttocks as much as you can, taking care to keep your torso straight.
- Now raise and lower the body several times, completing 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
If you want to increase the intensity of the movement, you can practice this exercise holding two dumbbells in your hand.
Another option is to go down normally, and when you get up, make a light jump. In this case, limit yourself to 15 repetitions for each set.
With or without weights, this exercise is ideal for toning the thighs and buttocks. It takes effort and concentration, but it’s worth a try.
- Sit with your back and shoulders straight, chest forward and arms close to your body.
- Take a step forward with your right foot and bend your knees until your left foot almost touches the floor.
- Return to starting position and repeat the exercise with the other leg. Alternate legs, performing 10 or 15 repetitions with each.
They are not very heavy exercises and they are very effective because they thin and tone your thighs and buttocks. There are several ways to practice these exercises if you want to have the desired results. We present you the side version that involves a little more effort, but offers the best results.
- Lie on your right side on a pillow or mattress and support your head with your right arm and elbow.
- Raise your left foot to the ceiling as high as you can and try to keep it that way for a few seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Perform 10 reps, rest and perform 3 sets with each leg.
Fitness ball lifts
To perform this exercise, it is important to lift the ball and focus so as not to let it fall between repetitions.
You will feel a slight pressure in your legs, which indicates that the movement has an effect.
- Lie on your back on a pillow or mattress with your arms crossed or at the nape of your neck.
- Put the fitness ball between your legs, stretch them as far as you can and try to lift them to the ceiling with your hips and buttocks.
- Lower your legs carefully and perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions each.
The “scissors” have several variations, depending on the position of the body and the movements performed.
We recommend that you do this exercise while lying down to train and tone your thighs and buttocks.
- Sit on your back with your arms outstretched to the side, stretch your legs and lift them to 10-15 cm from the ground.
- Tighten your abdomen and thighs. Cross your legs in scissor pattern and try to hold this position for 8 seconds.
- Perform 6-8 repetitions.