If you are planning a party soon, you will need delicious appetizers to impress your guests. These smoked salmon pancakes and tartar sauce are the best choice! Learn how to prepare them in the following!
Blini are hors d’oeuvres with a base of pancakes, usually served at parties or gatherings. They originate in Russia, where they are made from wheat, milk and baking soda. This makes the blini have a sponge texture compared to classic pancakes.
To prepare this blini recipe with smoked salmon and tartar sauce, you will need some ingredients that will make you think of making a cake. But this recipe does not contain sugar at all and you will not need an oven to prepare it.
Other key ingredients
Only a few steps separate you from preparing these delicious pancakes for your guests to enjoy quality protein and calories from smoked salmon, a really healthy ingredient.
This recipe could not be called Russian if it did not include the most famous sauce used as a dressing: tartar sauce. This dressing room has an exceptional aroma that will leave your mouth watering!
Here’s what you need to make to prepare the wonderful recipe for smoked salmon and tartar sauce!
Blini with smoked salmon and tartar sauce
Salmon contains omega 3 fatty acids, nutrients that are very healthy. For this recipe to work perfectly for you, you need to pay close attention to the next steps. I divided the recipe into two stages to make it easier for you to follow.
- 1 or
- 3 tablespoons wheat flour (45 g)
- 1 cup fresh milk (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons salt (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (15 g)
Method of preparation
- Start by beating the egg well with the salt. To get a better result, use an electric mixer.
- Then add the sunflower oil and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking soda and add them to the above composition.
- Add the milk and mix again. Make sure there are no lumps left. In the end, you need to get a homogeneous composition.
- Let the mixture set aside for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Then you can start cooking the buns.
- Let the fire simmer. Put a few drops of butter on a non-stick pan and pour a tablespoon of the mixture.
- Let the dough cook until you notice bubbles forming, then turn it over. Repeat the process until the dough is finished.
- Put the pancakes aside.
How to assemble blini with smoked salmon and tartar sauce
Blini would not be a special preparation if nothing was added on top of them. Here’s how to put them together to make a delicious appetizer:
- First, cut the salmon into thin slices.
- Then place the smoked salmon slices on the pancakes in an interesting way. You can create any shape you want.
- Finally, add a little tartar sauce on top and serve pancakes on trays for appetizers with a modern design.