Do you want clean air and positive energy to reign in your home? If your answer to this question is yes, it is advisable to decorate your house or apartment with various plants. In addition to the classic flower pots, there are many types of fruit trees grown in pots for which you can opt.
Such plants offer a lot of joy, but also delicious fruits. By growing your own organic fruit in your home, you will avoid the chemicals that abound in products on supermarket shelves.
The care you have to give them will do you good. This hobby will help you temporarily forget about your responsibilities and worries.
Gardening is a great way to combat stress, as it allows us to establish a direct connection with a living organism without obstacles. If you have never tried to grow fruit trees in pots, we advise you to start right now.
Of course, not every tree can be kept indoors. In today’s article we present 4 types of fruit trees grown in pots for which you can opt. This way, you will not waste your time and you will avoid the frustration caused by failure.
1. The Turkish fig with brown fruit, one of the most beautiful fruit trees grown in pots
All figs look nice and give off an incredible scent, but you need to select the right variety if you want to grow this potted tree. Therefore, we advise you to opt for the Turkish fig with brown fruit, which can easily adapt to the climatic conditions in your home and which has the ability to self-pollinate.
In other words, the Turkish fig with brown fruit does not need bees to produce fruit. Growing this tree at home, you will always be able to enjoy the natural sweet taste of brown figs, one of the most delicious and nutritious fruits in existence.
The Turkish fig with brown fruit will not grow much. In fact, its size depends on the size of the pot in which you plant it. In addition, it will be easy for you to take care of it:
- You only need to water it once a week.
- It does not need natural sunlight. Simply place it in the brightest corner of your home and keep it away from electricity.
2. Meyer lemon
Of these potted fruit trees, lemon is probably the most fragrant. Also, its color can brighten any room, turning it into a special place. One of the reasons why I included the lemon in this list is its size, which is part of the group of dwarf trees.
- Meyer lemon loves moisture, making it ideal for apartments and city life.
- But keep in mind that this tree, like all citrus shrubs, needs at least 8 hours of sunlight.
3. The Arbequina olive
This tree stands out by the fact that it does not need excessive care. Although its leaves tend to fall, it is enough to put a wide base under the pot.
Place the pot so that the leaves do not fall directly on the floor. There are plates and other special accessories that can help you with this. At the same time, the Arbequina olive is cheap and easy to clean.
- You will not have to water this tree often or follow a certain schedule.
- To find out if it’s time to water it or not, study the top layer of potting soil. If it has dried, you can water the tree.
- In terms of light, the Arbequina olive needs at least 6 hours of sunshine every day. Almost by magic, you will have olives at home!
4. Dwarf banana with red fruit
We recommend that you opt for this dwarf banana variety because it can be easily grown indoors and offers edible bananas. Like the other potted fruit trees presented in this article, the dwarf banana with red fruit is self-pollinating.
- It also needs a lot of water, but do not water it until the soil dries out.
- In addition, it needs a lot of sun, and each component of the plant should receive as much light.
Take advantage of the benefits of these 4 potted fruit trees right at your home. Their presence will improve your health and create a beneficial environment in the space where you live. The family and guests will notice the difference as soon as they enter the room.
Are you ready to enrich your life?