When it comes to makeup, it’s good to give free rein to creativity. After all, we have different styles that we can try. However, applying eye mascara is a real challenge.
Although there are several types of eyeshadow, applying them can be a real challenge when applying makeup.
The mascara allows you to make your face more expressive and to highlight its features. That’s why it’s important to apply it carefully — your look depends on this product!
Read on to discover 11 tricks for applying eye mascara.
1. Find out what kind of eyeshadow suits you
Before applying eye mascara, it is good to know what options you have available and which of them are best suited to your needs.
- Pencil ink: This type is ideal for women who do not have much experience in applying eye ink. In general, pencil ink is softer than liquid or gel ink.
- Pen ink: This product is similar to gel ink. The main difference is that the ink is inside the applicator.
- Liquid ink: Liquid inks require more precision, are darker in color, and their applicators have a thin tip.
- Gel Ink: Gel inks are easier to use and are usually found in small brush bottles.
2. Trembling hand, an obstacle when it comes to applying eyeliner
Many of us fail to keep our hands steady when we put on make-up, but that does not mean that we are forced to be content with an unsightly look. Here’s what you need to do:
- Stay in a place with enough light so that you can see well.
- Support your elbow on a flat surface to avoid irregular movements.
- When applying eye mascara, keep your little finger on your cheek. This trick will help keep your hand from shaking.
- Breathe regularly to avoid sudden movements.
3. Orientation points
If you are not used to applying eye mascara, you can start by drawing a few points of orientation on the eyelids, which you will then be able to connect.
Another option is to draw a contour. The secret is to draw a very thin line, as close as possible to the eyelashes.
4. Do not stretch the skin
Applying eye cream seems simpler when you stretch your skin, but as soon as it returns to normal, you will look unpleasant. If you have no other choice, remove the excess ink with a little make-up remover and a cotton swab or apply a little concealer on the “messy” parts.
5. Contour with a plaster
If you want to get a fine tip at the corner of the eyelid, but your hand is shaking too much, try the following trick:
- Buy some plaster.
- Place a strip of plaster between the eyelash and eyebrow or at the corner of the eyelid (as in the picture above).
- Apply the mascara as usual.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Carefully remove the plaster.
You can also use a makeup template (either bought from the store or made by yourself from an old card).
6. Freeze eye mascara
If the eyelash starts to crumble or crack, consider the following trick:
- Thoroughly clean the tip of the applicator.
- Close the tube.
- Put it in the freezer.
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
This trick will rehomogenize the mascara so as to avoid discomfort in the future.
7. Highlight your eyes even more
If you want everyone who looks at you to notice your eyes, outline the inner line of the eyelid. Thus, your eyes will benefit from a deepening effect that will make them stand out even more.
9. Hardly use mascara
When you are in a hurry and do not have cough, do not panic.
- Find a thin brush.
- Use this brush to remove some mascara from the tube.
- Apply mascara the same way you would with mascara.
The mascara has a shade similar to that of the mascara, so no one will notice the difference.
10. Cat’s eyes
This look is very popular because it offers elegance and sensuality. In addition, it is always fashionable. To get some perfect cat eyes, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your eyelid is perfectly dry before you start.
- Shake the eyeliner well to dissolve the solid pieces.
- Draw a basic outline with a wing at the corner of the eye.
- Check the line before continuing. If the wing is not high enough, retouch it.
- Draw a perfectly straight line from the wing to the middle of the eyelid.
- Fill in the blank.
- Allow the ink to dry.
- Repeat the procedure for the other eye as well.
11. Applying eye mascara requires courage
Every time you want to apply eye cream, you have to trust yourself. If you do not believe in your abilities, you will not get the much desired look. Don’t be upset if you don’t get it right away. With a little training, you will become an expert in a short time.